A global movement called NOhep is aiming to eliminate viral hepatitis by 2030 and briefed us to create campaign support materials. The purpose of the resource is to enable patient organisations all over the world to fight for NOhep in their own countries. This project presented some particular challenges:
- The message is complex and varies from country to country
- The toolkit will be used globally
- We were given a three-week deadline.
We thoroughly researched the NOhep campaign so that we could offer useful advice about managing content as well as a visual approach. By quickly establishing a close relationship with the client we were able to reach swift decisions and achieve the tight deadline.
- To reach a global audience we recommended a digital step by step ‘toolkit’
- A clear brief, some candid discussions and an understanding that there was some flexibility within the existing brand guidelines enabled us to agree a visual direction quickly
- We sat alongside the client to understand the detailed copy and the five sections; Know it, Plan it, Do it, Measure it and Resources.
- We developed a well-defined copy hierarchy using colours and fonts, and introduced icons and illustrations to help readers pick out key facts
- As the existing colour palette was limited, we bent the brand guidelines to introduce new colours to signpost each section
- By including interactive links to reports, videos and resources we could shorten the main body text while offering more detail for those who wanted it
- As well as illustrations and infographics we used high-impact campaign photography on the cover, and to introduce each new segment.
We delivered the final toolkit, which is a colourful, bold and engaging resource, on time and on budget. The complex and detailed content has been sifted and visualized so that different audiences can access the information most relevant to them via links, templates and infographics. Our NOhep toolkit was launched at the Global Hepatitis Summit in Toronto in June 2018 and is now online and downloadable to individuals and organisations all around the globe. We are delighted to have played a part in promoting this excellent campaign and wish NOhep every success.